Adventure Blog: Thor's Well, The Spouting Horn, and The Rainbow Bridge in Oregon

October 13, 2015




Located on the beautiful Oregon Coast lies a special treasure, in a magical place in Cape Perpetua.  Hidden in plain sight is a natural phenomenon that I never thought existed.  Our adventure was incredible.  The weather finally felt like Oregon; it was damp, cold, and heavily misty, like walking through a puffy cloud of eeriness.  

Michelle and I navigated our way through the fog into the evergreen forest where we took shelter from the light rain.  I got to smell one of my top 5 favorite smells, that aroma that reaches so deep into your lungs that it quenches your soul and your energizes your mind. The "wet nature smell" is where it's at.  I was too excited and I accidentally broke our umbrella with 5 minutes of leaving the car.  It's been years since I used one of those things and I forgot how to use it haha.  We hiked a little more through some badass tide pools and a bridge which lead us to some stairs that went down to Thor's Well, The Spouting Horn, and this incredible bridge.

Thor's Well: The girl and I went at a bad time, it was low tide so it wasn't over swelling or doing anything too crazy.  It was still cool how it swelled tho.  It was a super sketchy well that would definitely ruin your day if you fell in it.  The moral of the story, go between low-high tide.

The Spouting Horn: Like I said, I didn't know these things existed, natural ocean geysers. This badass water volcano shoots out more than 15 foot high vertical explosions of h2o every time a good wave comes.  It's pretty cool and it makes for a sweet picture if you can time it right.  I heard it was way better during high tide as well but I still thought it was cool.

Rainbow Bridge: I don't know the name of this bridge but it's definitely a sight.  I'm just going to call it the Rainbow Bridge because that's the bridge from Thor.  Definitely stop and take a picture next to this massive stone structure.  It's quite amazing.

There are a million things to stop and see on the Oregon coast (the 101 hwy) and it is easy to get caught up in seeing all of them.  Thor's Well, The Spouting Horn, and The Rainbow Bridge were definitely worth stoping for on our 22 hour drive back home.  Totally rad!








No comments:

Post a Comment